Next Gen Administrative Assistant
Central Church is looking for a highly organized and collaborative administrator for our Next Gen Team (children, youth, college, and young adult). The Next Gen Administrative Assistant will need to have the capability to provide administrative support while working alongside a variety of leaders who are engaging, passionate, fun-loving, and excited about seeing Jesus made known to the upcoming generations. Our team LOVES what we get to do and we want this person to be a part of a dynamic team and ministry that is growing. This person will be a valued member of the Next Gen team in fulfilling the call to reach the upcoming generations.
Time Commitment and Relationship:
- This is a part-time position that does not qualify for benefits.
- This position will serve as part of the Next Gen Team.
- This position will serve under the supervision of the Next Gen Team Lead.
Competencies and Expectations:
- Multi-tasking abilities, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively communicate clearly and confidently, both verbally and in writing
- Mature, tactful and able to handle personal information in a confidential manner
- Team player – we are all about collaborating
- Flexible – both with tasks and people
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor, a servant’s heart, and a “can do” attitude
- A love for the local church and a growing relationship with Jesus
- Embrace and embody Central’s vision, core values, and staff distinctives
- Become a member in good standing at Central Church
- Help with first-time family connections (email, letters, phone calls, etc.).
- Coordination of specific ministry event details (purchasing items, set up, basic coordination of volunteers, etc.).
- Process volunteer information and background checks.
- Maintain ministry emails – serve as a filter for email communication.
- Attend all Next Gen meetings, possible Operations Team meetings, and full staff meetings as required.
- Help to better coordinate Next Gen programming with the Operations Team.
- Coordinate with the Communication Director to ensure website and social media content is up to date and relevant.
- Help collect and distribute curriculum supplies for ministries as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Operations Team as needed.
- Have the capacity to learn to use the church database (Ministry Platform) for information, updating, attendance, creating events, event registrations, training of volunteers, communications, etc.
Please email the following to Adam Barrett (Pastor of Student Ministry/Next Gen Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach each as a separate file.
- Cover Letter
- Personal Testimony