Central Church Downtown
Central Church is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work alongside the pastor of our Downtown Campus. Central is committed to seeing a strong church grow to serve the people living in Downtown Sioux Falls and the Pettigrew Heights community. This role would not only assist the pastor in fulfilling his responsibilities but also be a great opportunity to gain experience in a church-plant setting.
The ideal candidate will have an attentiveness to detail but also a tender heart toward people from a wide range of ethnic and economic backgrounds. Beyond that, as the Downtown Campus is still in the initial stages of development, this candidate will have the flexibility to adapt to changing responsibilities as the ministry grows.
Time Commitment and Relationship:
This is a part-time ministry position (approximately 20 hours per week) and does not qualify for benefits. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Downtown Campus pastor and work alongside campus staff. The responsibilities of this position would primarily be fulfilled from the Southwest Campus office (3102 W. Ralph Rogers. Rd., Sioux Falls).
- Working with outreach teams to develop materials and schedules
- Providing initial follow-up with new guests and contacts through phone and email
- Assisting with organizing volunteers (from an existing volunteer pool) for Sunday services
- Helping to schedule and resolve needs for organizations partnering with the Downtown Campus
- Coordinating administrative links between the Downtown and Southwest Campuses
Other Skills and Expectations:
- Experience working with general office software (MS Office) and an ability to quickly learn Central-specific software
- Strong communication skills with diverse groups of people
- A high level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to “see a project through” (i.e. creatively resolving difficulties and setbacks without additional input)
- Ability to embrace and embody the mission, vision, and staff values of Central Church
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with Central’s Statement of Faith
Please email the following to: Bill Shepherd, Downtown Campus Pastor at email@example.com. (Please attach each as a separate file or page.)
- Cover letter
- Personal testimony (no more than one page)