Worship Arts Director
Central Church Downtown
Central Church Downtown is a campus of Central Church in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, focused on reaching and serving inner-city Sioux Falls. It functions like a hybrid of a satellite campus and a church plant. It was launched in September of 2016. The Campus Pastor preaches live every week except the first Sunday of the month where a video from our Southwest campus is shown. Every weekend we have between 100-140 people experiencing our services in a remodeled bike store. Several times we’ve had between 150-170 people in our services. Our vision is to grow by conversion and therefore we are focused on reaching the unchurched and far from Christ. We are looking for exceptional leaders to grow with us as we truly reach more people for Jesus and impact our community for Christ.
Do you have a passion for seeing God change lives? Do you have a passion for being part of a church focused on growth by conversion? Do you get excited about the thought of joining a small team of leaders reaching a multi-ethnic environment that are passionate about making a huge impact for Christ? If so, you may be the kind of person we are looking for!
Central Downtown is looking for a high-capacity and innovative musician, singer and leader to be our Worship Arts Director. Under the direction of the Campus Pastor, this position is responsible for developing the plan for the weekend service including the worship set, order of service, and other program elements. He or she will lead the congregation in honoring God through song, prayer, and reflection at the weekend worship services and other gatherings as directed, ensuring that service flow is appropriate and conducive for worship. In addition, the Worship Arts Leader will identify, recruit, equip, develop, and shepherd volunteers to grow in their gifts and abilities of leading worship music.
Candidates must have strong vocal ability and having prior experience in leading worship in various types of church gatherings and outreach is a plus. Candidates should also have proficiency on a musical instrument, preferably guitar or piano. College or seminary education is preferred.
- A passionate and gifted musician and vocalist who can lead with and without the piano or guitar
- A natural communicator on stage and off
- Passionate about using music and media to reach people for Christ
- Have a great appreciation for hip-hop, R&B, spoken word, reggae, gospel, EDM, soul, and pop
- Humble, teachable, biblical
- Committed to moral purity, excellence in ministry, and personal growth both spiritually and professionally.
We acknowledge that you might have other skills, gifts and experience in addition to the few traits listed above. If you are convinced you’re the right person for this job opportunity send us the following:
- Your résumé
- A one-page personal testimony of how you came to place your faith in Christ
- If you had to write an ideal job description for your position in our church, one that drew upon your personality type, spiritual gifts, God-given passion, natural abilities and experience, what would it be?
*Please send us video links of you demonstrating your skills. Please, NO phone calls. Email Zach at email@example.com
Note: Depending on your skill set and passions, additional hours may be available to assist in achieving other key objectives within the church.