Associate Campus Pastor (Downtown Campus)
Central Church Downtown was launched in 2017 and is a campus of Central Church in Sioux Falls. The campus has become established as a multi-ethnic congregation in the center of the city and exists because Jesus desires to “seek and save the lost” around us. While we have seen growth through monthly community events, our preschool, and assistance at a local high school, we plan to focus on the homeowners within our neighborhood over the next several years. Our desire is to see a greater foundation built from which to move out into surrounding parts of the city. This will be done, not only by reaching out to the lost, but by equipping a growing congregation to share the love of Jesus with those around them.
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Pastor to be part of our team. This person will join a group of creative and hardworking people who value love for Jesus, compassion for all, and a solid faithfulness to fulfill commitments.
Primarily, this position will be focused on seeking ways to reach homeowners within the neighborhood and developing servant leaders within the congregation.
Time Commitment and Relationship:
This is a full-time position with benefits. The person fulfilling this role would work alongside and report to the Campus Pastor. It should be understood, though, this is not an administrative role over the other staff members. We are committed to an atmosphere of collaboration on the ministry team.
- Solid and fruitful walk with Christ and the ability to lead others in the same.
- 7 years of experience in a pastoral role or 5 years, plus a Bible college degree. Church planting experience is a definite plus, as is a commitment to live in the surrounding neighborhood.
- A lifestyle of personally sharing the gospel with others.
- Sincerity to work freely with all ethnic and economic groups.
- Humility to seamlessly move between leading and following others on the ministry team.
- A high level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Determination to “see a project through”, i.e. creatively resolving difficulties and setbacks.
- Ability to embrace and embody the mission, vision, and staff values of Central.
- Full agreement with Central’s Statement of Faith.
- Abilities in leading worship and working with youth, while not required, will be considered a plus.
- A criminal background check is required for this position.
A cover letter and personal testimony can be sent to the following link: https://centralchurch.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=38