The Video Producer plans, directs, shoots and edits video content for weekend services, ministries, and special events. They will produce videos that highlight the story, mission, and purpose of Central Church and communicate the value of the ministry and the Gospel to its members, the community, and the world. They will also produce content for social media and complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Communications Director.
Time Commitment and Relationship:
This is a full-time position that qualifies for benefits. The Video Producer will report to the Programming Director and will work under the Communication Director.
- Provide high-quality video and audio productions for Central Church.
- Provide pre-production planning and digital image acquisition and editing as well as maintaining production equipment.
- Produce video and multimedia projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with other members of creative teams through initial concepting, scripting, shooting, editing, and delivering the final product through broadcast quality media, web based media or a variety of video formats.
- Able to troubleshoot issues while in the field or in the editing process.
- Produce weekly announcement video
- Works with Worship Director for any video graphic content used for weekend services.
- Create weekly sermon files for upload to website, Vimeo and social media.
- Shoot, edit, and render visual sermon media elements (bumper videos, sermon illustration videos, etc.)
- Edit video clips as necessary and add closed captioning to videos as required.
- Partner with other ministries to create testimonies or life change stories
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with Central’s Statement of Faith.
- Member, or willing to become a member, of Central Church.
- Ability to embrace and embody the mission, vision and distinctives of Central.
- Attendance during weekend service, meetings, and other events determined by the Director of Worship Programming.
- Maintain regular weekday office hours (with some flexibility as agreed upon by Director of Worship Programming).
- Degree in film or media related field OR at least 2-4 years experience in video production.
- Experience and training in studio and field production including lighting, audio and camera work.
- Experience and training in post-production work including non-linear editing, compositing, and motion graphic design.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end (concept to production to final edit).
- Organized and able to effectively manage time and multiple projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in video production, graphic design and storytelling.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Effective visual, written and oral communicator
- Can work in an environment that doesn’t require micro-managing.
- Manages time and resources well.
- Contribute to effective teamwork
- Demonstrate reasonable tolerance for stress
- Demonstrate problem identification, analysis, and solving
- Encourage and model the value of team among staff and the Communications Team
- Promote and model the value of collaboration
- A storyteller
- Organized and detailed.
- Fast worker.
- Self-starter & flexible to change as needed.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and Photoshop CC).
- Loves Jesus. Loves People. Loves the local church.
Please email the following to Danny Fergen, Director of Worship Programming at email@example.com (please attach each as a separate file or page):
- Cover letter
- Link to portfolio or work samples
- Personal testimony (no more than one page)