Children’s Ministry Pastor
Central believes that a healthy, thriving children’s ministry is important to reaching and growing children and their families. Our church desires an individual who wants to take a growing children’s ministry to a new level of excellence. The Children’s Ministry Pastor (CMP) will lead our current children’s team and also collaborate extensively with our Next Gen team, giving shape to an overall philosophy of developing the emerging generations to promote growing ownership in their faith and the local church.
The right candidate will have a focused and contagious passion for seeing kids and families coming to know Jesus and to follow him. This individual will also understand that volunteers are the lifeblood of children’s ministry. Central is excited to partner, collaborate and equip this individual in creating a dynamic children’s ministry for the kingdom.
Time Commitment and Relationship:
This is a full-time ministry position that qualifies for benefits. The CMP will report to the Next Gen Lead, will work alongside the children’s ministry staff, and be a part of the Next Gen team.
- Exemplify a passion for seeing kids and their families come to know Jesus and follow him.
- Create a contagious volunteer culture where people want to be a part of by various trainings, encouragement, and appreciation.
- Bring our children’s ministry to a new level of excellence through thoughtful strategy, oversight, and organization.
- Align, equip, and inspire children’s ministry staff under a unified vision.
- Participate and give shape to our Next Gen team (birth to young adults) and our overall goal of reaching the emerging generations.
- Experience working with children and their parents in a children’s ministry, camp ministries, or educational setting
- Preference given to candidates with experience working in a larger church dynamic
- Experience in managing staff and multiple levels of volunteers
- High level of problem-solving abilities among families and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills with children and parents as well as student and adult volunteers
- A high level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to embrace and embody the mission, vision, and staff values of Central
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with Central’s Statement of Faith
Please email the following to Adam Barrett (Next Gen Lead) at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please attach each as a separate file or page.)
- Cover letter
- Personal testimony (no more than one page)