Communications Admin / Social Media Coordinator
Central Church is hiring a part-time communications team administrator and social media coordinator to further our mission and help share the life and vision of Central through our communication efforts. This position would partially focus on helping to manage communication, design, and video projects for the various ministry teams at Central. It would also require a significant amount of social media coordination and content creation, helping those who follow Central online get a better idea of who we are as a church, what we believe, and how God is using Central to impact our local community and beyond. When possible, this position would also be responsible for helping with video projects as needed.
This is a part-time paid position, 10-15 hours per week (schedule to be determined).
Communication Team Admin (3-5 hours per week)
- Review and maintain status info on current Communication Team projects on a weekly basis.
- Check website 1-2 times per week to ensure all info is up-to-date, correct, etc.
- Learn and contribute to creation of email newsletter, bulletin, etc.
- Manage projects on Basecamp (project management software) to ensure to-dos are being met on time, etc.
- Check with admins from other ministries to ensure expectations are clear and met on time
- Help coordinate weekly scheduling of volunteer photographers and online chat hosts for Sunday morning live streams.
Social Media Coordinator (5-7 hours per week)
- Manage social media for Central’s social media accounts as well as contribute to Downtown accounts as needed.
- Give input on Next Gen social media accounts.
- Produce engaging Instagram/Facebook stories as well as explore and develop a strategy for IG Reels throughout the week.
- Produce social media on Sunday mornings (IG Stories during worship time, Sunday afternoon recap posts, etc.).
- Work with Photography Team to compile weekly shot lists to capture ideal photos for social media content.
- Provide insight and help strategize new ideas/possibilities for social media direction.
- As position develops, help guide and lead a team of social media volunteers to help facilitate social media.
- Answer questions and engage on private social media conversations (direct messages, etc.) when necessary/appropriate.
Video Assistant (2-3 hours per week, depending on need)
- Assist with large-scale video projects as needed (staging/setup, second shooter when necessary, etc.).
- Occasionally produce lesser scale video projects when needed.
- Other video responsibilities as ability/skill is demonstrated.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and agreement with Central’s Statement of Faith
- Member, or willing to become a member, of Central Church
- Ability to embrace and embody the mission, vision and distinctives of Central
- Attendance during weekend service, meetings, and other events determined by the Communication Director
- At least 1-2 years of experience in social media content creation
- Examples include Facebook posts, Facebook events, Facebook ads, Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, Instagram Reels, video content produced specifically for social media, and more
- Experience in video production or a desire to learn more about video production
- Commitment to improvement, willingness to accept constructive criticism, understanding of strengths and weaknesses
- Effective visual, written, and oral communicator
- Can work in an environment that doesn’t require micro-managing
- Manages time and resources well
- Willingness to contribute to creative ideas and collaborate with various teams
- Encourage and model the value of team among staff and the Communications Team
- Organized and detailed
- Self-starter & flexible to change as needed
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or other design/content creation platforms
- Loves Jesus, loves people, loves the local church.
This is a part-time, paid position.
Please email the following to Communication Director Mike Billeter at [email protected]:
- Work experience/résumé
- Link to portfolio or work samples
- Personal testimony (no more than one page)